I'm removing the components which are not ready yet in the plugins manager. I find it painfull to write a software' dependencies manager. The plugin framework jpf can handle some things from the software perspective(plugins integrity, dependencies not met, etc.). From the user's perspective, I need to add some features like auto-selecting required dependencies of a plugin or if I can't do that popup a dialog telling "This plugin required that other plugin to run".
I was testing the plugins search yesterday and the results are almost good. I have some other issues not tied to the search engine itself : incomplete plugins metadata indexed, etc. Choosing Apache Lucene for plugins full text search was an interesting move. At first sight, I was telling myself "Apache Lucene will be usefull but might be overkill for a simple gui application, ... but for good search results... I need a good search engine instead of using regular expressions to match the results".
I will start writing a developer guide in few days.
- Yves Zoundi
- Fixing bugs and design errors in XPontus
- Multi-platform deployment
- What build tool to use for java development?
- What happen when new users join a team??
- XPontus XML Editor 22.214.171.124 is out
- Too many bugs in XPontus
- Under pressure for the new XPontus release
- Them "viagra boys", Them "here's the money man"
- Releasing next week
- Code completion might be in next release of XPontu...
- Bug fixes day
- XPontus platform developer guide
- New release at the end of march
- XPontus plugins manager behaviour
- ▼ March (14)
- ► 2007 (38)