Sunday, January 20, 2008

Yes I did it

I rewrote the virtual file system explorer from scratch. It is fast enough and is behaving well. I guess I can add it right now to XPontus XML Editor. I didn't want to copy too much existing interfaces and to borrow code here and there.

Features
  • Browse FTP, SAMBA, SFTP and Webdav file systems. You can select http files but you can't browse directories even if direct listing is allowed.
  • It behaves almost like JFileChooser

What's missing
  • There is no connection manager to add specific settings like proxy
  • The username and password are shown is the directory list of files
  • There is no details view
  • There is no real caching of files
  • Drag and drop is not supported
  • I need to patch commons vfs to support redirects

No comments: