Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The hard work is done!

I have been trying to release XPontus XML Editor for the last few months. There are now less features missing. Most bugs have been fixed, new bugs arrived too :-(.

I'll be working on the plugins installer and the user settings. I hope I'll be done with that at the end of the week.

The only thing left after that will be working on an intelligent and decent code completion with caching support.

I plan to move to OSGI architecture for plugins when the final 1.0.0 release is ready. This will involve some code rewriting. But it shouldn't be major if I get a good understanding on OSGI. The only thing that is bugging me is Java Web Start deployment with OSGI and the java security manager. I expect to see lots of errors like "File read permission denied..."

No comments: